Coastal Vulnerability - wwiii to shore points interpolation error

Hello,
The model run did not complete as an interpolate_wwiii_to_shore error occurred. More info can be found in the log file. Is there a way to handle this? Thnks!
InVEST-natcap.invest.coastal_vulnerability-log-2024-02-13–11_49_44.txt (3.5 KB)

Hi @byron ,

It looks like you are providing your own version of the WW3 data? That’s great, but I think there’s a problem with the content of the table.

ValueError: could not convert string to float: '0,001856579'

I’m afraid this value could not be converted to a number because of the comma used as the decimal point. Python thinks this value is a string, not a number.

What software did you use to create ww3.shp? It’s possible that the locale settings of your operating system are causing the use of the comma as opposed to a period for the decimal separator. But I would also hope that would not need to change your system’s locale just for this. Does your GIS program interpret the attribute table fields as Strings or as Reals/doubles? If they are coded as Strings, then maybe you can use your GIS to convert the field’s type, and hopefully it will interpret the decimal correctly?

Hello Dave and thank you for the answer.

Indeed I used my own WW3 file and QGIS. I had the issue you mentioned in mind and had chosen the reals/doubles in fields, but it turned out a single column was under boolean type and I suppose that caused the error. The run was finished, thanks for the advice!

P.S. I have a couple of questions, I will write in new separate posts as they concern other issues

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.