Missing total pollinator abundance and total pollinator yield in final results + Example Biophysical Table data

Hello everyone,

1st topic,
I ran several times the pollination model with my own field data and other possible scenarios in the study area. Every time, the two rasters about total pollinator abundance and total pollinator yield were missing in my folder. Those rasters remain quite important to me since I have 11 different species in my area and I can’t show all of their results in my thesis. I didn’t use the Farm Vector in my model so I guess it’s part of the problem. Does anyone know how to get those missing raster without using farm vector?

2nd topic
I had some difficulties to find some proper data concerning nesting suitability score for the Land use class I’m using. I wonder if I could use some data from the Example Biophysical Table in the documentation of the invest model. Like the example, I use cavity and ground as nesting substrate, and some land use class of the example are pretty similar to mine. Do you know where come from those data and do you think I could use it in a different situation than the original? My study area is located in Belgium which is in an oceanic climate. I have no idea how different is the entomological fauna of Belgium compared to California.

Thank you very much,

Guillaume Monseu

I can separate topics in 2 posts if asked.

Hi @Guillaume_Monseu,

Welcome to the forum! For your first question: could you please attach your complete log file? There may be an error happening that’s preventing the files from being created.

For your second question, I will ask our science team :slight_smile:

I checked with the science team, and the example biophysical table for this model is only meant to illustrate the table structure. The data in it may have originally come from a real study in the Willamette area, but it’s been edited for simplicity and I cannot recommend it as a data source.

This paper was recommended as a source for nesting suitability data. It provides data for 45 land cover codes reclassified from those used in the Cropland Data Layer published by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Agricultural Statistics Service. While it was developed with U.S. data, the methods seem generic enough to be widely applicable: "For each of the reclassified 45 land-use categories, a panel of 14 experts evaluated nesting suitability for four bee nesting guilds (ground, cavity, stem, and wood) and floral resource availability for three foraging seasons (spring, summer, and fall). "

2 Likes

InVEST-Crop-Pollination-log-2021-05-03–04_11_21.txt (92.2 KB)

You can find the log file here.

Thank you very much.

Thanks for sharing your log file. It appears the total pollinator abundance and yield steps are not being called at all. That could happen if no seasons are identified in the headers of your guild table, biophysical table, or farm vector. Please double check that:

• your guild table contains at least one column with a header matching the pattern foraging_activity_[season]_index,
  • your biophysical table contains at least one column with a header matching the pattern floral_resources_[season]_index,
  • and (if using a farm vector) your farm vector contains at least one field with a header matching the pattern fr_[season]

where [season] is replaced with your season of interest.

If that doesn’t seem to be the problem, please attach all your input data and the outputs you are getting, and we can try to reproduce the problem. You can also email it to me privately: esoth@stanford.edu.

I checked my tables and I didn’t find any problems concerning headers patterns. But maybe I didn’t find it because I don’t look at the right thing.
I sent you all my files concerning the model by email with my personal address: guillaumemonseu@hotmail.com.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like