The output image of the SDR module

hello!
Recently I am studying SDR, the image output by the previous model, the resolution of 30m is very clear and intuitive, why the grid output by the model this time, after being added in ArcGIS, there is an obvious grid, you can clearly see and even count it, why is this
The output image of the SDR module appears lattice, which is very dense and not smooth

Welcome to the forum, @ziyansweet -

It would be helpful if you would post an image showing the difference in the outputs that you’re describing. Also, what changed between the two model runs? Did any of your inputs change?

~ Stacie

Thank you for your reply!
You may not have seen my previous email to you as I was new to my forum account and wasn’t able to post at the time, it seems that the restriction has recently been lifted. After my attempts to replace the DEM data, this picture is a little better, but unfortunately, I have found another problem, the range of results for 2000, 2010 and 2020 are actually no different. Is this because I have the same R-factor? I am confused, but I think I will try again today with different R values.
My English is not very good, so I hope you can understand what I am trying to say.

Hi @ziyansweet -

Which model inputs are you changing between 2000, 2010 and 2020? If you’re changing the land cover map, then do you see a difference in the pixel values where the land cover changed? The overall range may be the same, but there should be differences at the pixel level.

~ Stacie

Hi @swolny

Yes, the range will still be the same, but there will just be some difference in pixels. Thank you for your answer, but I still have a question. Is the SUM field used to calculate the soil retention for each category using the zoning statistics tool, and is the SUM field used to calculate the total soil retention for a category? And do I need to multiply the area of the site by the area of the site to get the unit “t”?

Hi @ziyansweet -

As described in the User Guide, the SDR model does sum sediment export, deposition etc in the watershed_results_sdr.shp result, and those values are in tons per watershed. However, it does not create a field called “SUM”, the field names are listed in the User Guide.

If you want to do your own aggregation, separate from what the model provides, then you can use the “sum” output of a Zonal Statistics GIS tool, where sed_deposition.tif is the input. The output will be in tons.

~ Stacie

1 Like