Crop Production - Land Cover to Crop Table

Hello,

I’m preparing the required inputs to run the model “Crop Production”. I have a LULC map that shows 17 land classes, of which, only 6 are crops, while the others (in blue) are forests, water bodies, urban areas, etc.

I have to prepare the Landcover to Crop Table (CSV), and I wonder how should I classify these land classes since their names must be the same as the accepted 175 crops for the percentile model, or 12 for the regression model.

Thank you,
Marco

Hi @marco.guzzetti, when preparing your landcover-to-crop table, you only need to include those LULC classes that represent crops. So in your case, you only have 6 crops, so your landcover-to-crop table will only have 6 rows, one for each of the crop landcover codes.

Hope this helps!
James

Thank @jdouglass, it really helps

Hello,

Currently, I’m preparing the required inputs to run the model which “C and P components” factor. I have a LULC map that shows 23 land classes (Primary Dry Land Forest, Primary Mangrove Forest, Primary Swamp Forest, Plantation Forest, Bush/Shrub, etc).

Could you give me any references and help me to fill the factor number for the .csv file?

Thank you,

Armyanda

Hi @armyanda92,

when you downloaded InVEST you probably installed some sample data in your “C:”, I used those.

Best,
Marco

Hello Marco,

Thank you for the quick respond to my answer. I highly appreciate it!

Yes, I know there are some sample data in C. However, the sample data is not for the global area. So I can’t use that for my study area which in Indonesia.

I already try to run the model, but it always shows an error. Could you help me on it? It will be very helpful for me.

Once again, thanks for your answer.

Regards,
Armyanda

Hi @armyanda92,

I would help you but I’m not an expert, just a user like you. If you create a new topic they will help you within hours!

Best,
Marco

Hi @armyanda92 -

I won’t promise help within hours (but thanks for thinking so, @marco.guzzetti!)

And I actually don’t know much about the crop production model, but do know that if you are getting an error, we ask that you post the entire log file (.txt) that the model produces in your Workspace, so we have some information about the error that might help us troubleshoot.

Also, it looks like this question is about the SDR model, but this thread is about the Crop Production model, so to help keep this forum organized, please re-post this under a separate thread and include the log file and we’ll be happy to help - thank you!

~ Stacie

Hi @swolny,

I was talking from my experience, which is totally positive :smiley:

Marco

Hi @jdouglass and @swolny

Thank you very much for both of your suggestion!
I will make a new topic and upload my model log file (.txt).

Once again, thank you for your concern.

Best,
Armyanda