NDR 3.8.0 ValueError Encountered

Hi,
While running NDR in InVEST 3.8.0 the following error appeared after about half an hour of the model processing>

Log here: InVEST-Nutrient-Delivery-Ratio-Model-(NDR)-log-2020-03-05–14_37_28.txt (34.8 KB)

Thanks!

Hi @Jdin,

Thanks for the post. We have encountered the following error when a gdal raster is corrupt, often from multiple threads writing to the same file. @rich might have the most experience with this type of issue. If needed would you be able to share your data input files so that we could try and recreate the issue on our end?

Thanks,

Doug

Thank you!
So, I ran the NDR model with the same parameters and input data on InVEST 3.5 (in another machine) and it was successfully completed. Here you can look into the Log File:
InVEST-Nutrient-Delivery-Ratio-Model-(NDR)-log-2020-03-05–19_55_15.txt (325.4 KB)

Here is the Input data (large datasets!): https://send.firefox.com/download/8fe0151551303419/#ROQ3YCC0iIrtrIJvob0ReA

Thanks @Jdin,

We’ll follow up as soon as we can to let you know what we’ve found.

Doug

1 Like

Hey again,

Do you have any news about the issue?

Thanks!

Hi @Jdin,

Let me check in with the main developer who’s working on this. Sorry it’s taking so long to get to.

Doug

Hi @Jdin,

I have a few updates. The first is that the issue is still under review and debugging. The second is that we’ve seen some success when pre-filling the DEM for pits or sinks. For instance I used Fill Sinks (Wang & Liu) in the QGIS toolbox to fill sinks on the DEM that you had sent. Running your inputs with that DEM allowed the model to complete successfully. I will direct message you shortly a shared link so that you can look at the outputs I got.

So it looks like for now, if you could pre fill that DEM that might be the way to go.

Best,

Doug

@Jdin @dcdenu4 Thank you for your post!
Hello!I ran into the same problem using NDR 3.8.0 and I have tried with the pre-filled dem. I wonder if you have some update for this problem?

Hi @dana, is the error you’re mentioning is related to the one you mentioned over on NDR 3.7.0 showing Something went wrong when adding task n load (16), terminating taskgraph? If so, I think this should be resolved in an upcoming release of InVEST.

If you’re referring to a different error, could you upload your logfile here so we can take a look?

Thanks,
James

Hello @jdouglass
Yes, it is the same error I mentioned in my post about version 3.8.0 and you gave me very very helpful suggestions. Thanks a lot!