NotImplementedError and missing GDAL_DATA environment variable

Greetings everyone,

I’m trying to run the SDR Model but unfortunately I receive a NotImplementedError (see attached capture).

Until now I ran the Carbon model as well as the Habitat Quality, and I had no issues.I also attach the LOG FILEInVEST-Sediment-Delivery-Ratio-Model-(SDR)-log-2020-01-06–16_22_49.txt (4.6 KB)

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance

Thanks for posting. From your log, I’m concerned about the missing GDAL_DATA variable.
ERROR [errno 4] Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv. Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the directory containing EPSG csv files.

Is it possible that some of the InVEST installation files or folders were accidentally moved or deleted? I would probably try re-installing InVEST. Please let us know if that helps.

Dear Dave,

thank you so much for your support. I re-installed InVEST but unfortunately it didn’t worked. I’m not sure about the meaning of this sentence “Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the directory containing EPSG csv files.”

Do you have any suggestions? Thank you!

Marco

Okay thanks for trying the re-install. I was hoping that process would correctly set the GDAL_DATA variable. Is it possible that you have GDAL installed on your system? If some other software defined a GDAL_DATA environment variable, then it may be conflicting with the variable included in the InVEST installation.

If you’re on Windows and you look at “Environment Variables”, is GDAL_DATA listed? If so removing it might help InVEST (although it also might break the other software that is using GDAL).

It worked! Thank you for your crucial help.

All the best,
Marco