Problems on Coastal Blue Carbon: could not convert string to float

Hello,

I am using the CBC module of InVEST,it was sucess when I used the sample data, while it showed the error ‘could not cocnvert string to float’ with my on data, and here is the error logfile. My LULC data is Thematic type with signed integer, I don’t know how to covert it to the same as sample data ’ Gentic type with unsigned integer’. Could someone help about that? many thanks.
InVEST-Coastal-Blue-Carbon-log-2023-01-14–21_20_11.txt (4.6 KB)

@suzhen , thanks for posting your logfile. I can see that you are using an old version of InVEST. This model has had major updates since then so it would be most helpful if you can try the latest version and then share the log from that version. InVEST | Natural Capital Project

Thank you,

1 Like

@dave , Hi, here are the log file from the newest version, and the same problem shows ’ could not convert string to float’. I don’t know how to solve this problem, could you help me please? Thanks a lot
InVEST-Coastal-Blue-Carbon-log-2023-01-18–13_28_43.txt (4.0 KB)
InVEST-Coastal-Blue-Carbon-log-2023-01-18–13_31_58.txt (4.3 KB)

@dave Hi, Dave, here are the Error log file and datas that I used in the newest version 3.12.0. Could you help me please? Thanks a lot.
InVEST-Coastal-Blue-Carbon-log-2023-01-18–14_00_31.txt (4.3 KB)
lulc_lookup.csv (263 Bytes)
snapshots.csv (66 Bytes)
carbon_biophysical_table_template.csv (618 Bytes)
carbon_pool_transition_template.csv (366 Bytes)

Hi @suzhen , thanks for sharing all this info. It appears that there is more setup required before these data are ready to use. The “biophysical” and “transition” tables both have the correct rows and columns, but all the values are blank. The Preprocessor tool creates the templates for these tables, but it is up to you to fill in all the values.

Please refer to the User Guide for more info about these tables: Coastal Blue Carbon — InVEST documentation

Many thanks Dave, the module runs sucessfully finally.
by the way, do you have any video shows the step-by-step of the scenario in Coastal Blue Carbon, the SLAMM module. I try to use the sea level rise scenario to monitoring the land use change in coastal area, but I’m not familiar this SLAMM module, I even don’t know how to run this module, could you help me? many thanks again

Hi @suzhen , I’m glad you got the model running.

I’m not familiar with SLAMM or how it might relate to this Blue Carbon model. If you like, please consider creating a new topic with that question and perhaps it will catch the attention of someone here who has experience with SLAMM.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.