Recreation ERROR

Hello

I am a Ph.D. student in urban and regional planning, and I use the INVEST Recreation Model to measure the tourism index in a Chilean City. I run the model with the data, but it does not work. It is the log file:

Please, could you help me to identify the problem? It is the log file:
InVEST-natcap.invest.recreation.recmodel_client-log-2023-04-17–11_04_11.txt (1.6 KB)

Welcome to the forum @Isabel,
It looks like the predictor IDs in your predictor table might be numbers. The model expects the predictor IDs to be text. It should work if you use non-numeric predictor IDs (or at least add one non-numeric character to each ID).

Thanks for reporting this issue, we will fix it in a future release!

Thank you!

I change the ID predictors by text, and the model Runs. I tried with different cell sizes, but I am unsure if the number I have to write is in meters or km. In the log that I have attached, I used 10 meters as cell size. Could you clarify this?

Also, I have this second Error, and I think it is because Invest lost the server connection, right?

InVEST-natcap.invest.recreation.recmodel_client-log-2023-04-17–22_07_05.txt (5.2 KB)

I am unsure if the number I have to write is in meters or km.

The cell size should be in the same units as your AOI projection. This is usually meters. You can check by inspecting the AOI vector in your GIS software. Wherever it shows the projection, it should also tell you the units. For example, in QGIS:

I have this second Error, and I think it is because Invest lost the server connection, right?

You’re right, it looks like the connection was lost. This can happen randomly sometimes. It should work if you try again.

Thank you!!! I tried with a better internet connection, and it works!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.