SDR Retention and avoided export map missing values

Hello! I have concerns regarding the avoided_export.tif, which gives me a map where pixels are null or there are parts of the retention map is gone. See the attached .png and .txt

InVEST-natcap.invest.sdr.sdr-log-2024-01-10–10_57_40.txt (48.2 KB)

Hi @emerri -

Thanks for posting an image and your log file. In the image, the avoided_export.tif color ramp is from black to white, on a white background, so I can’t tell which pixels are null, versus high export values.

Have you read the Defined Area of Outputs section of the User Guide? Perhaps that explains the missing data.

~ Stacie

yeah, I’ve tried changing the TFA but still get this result. avoided_export and avoided_ ersosion are the nulled map, sediment_deposition also have a slight (not so alarming kind of “slight”) null pixels as well.

This reminds me of a similar issue that came up on the forum, resulting in similar patterns of missing outputs. The root cause there was that there were DEM pixels that overlapped pixels in the erosivity and/or erodibility layers that were nodata. This has been fixed in the latest release of InVEST, version 3.14.1.

@emerri I see you are using InVEST 3.12.0. Would you please try upgrading to the latest version of InVEST and see if the issue persists? The latest version can be downloaded from here: InVEST Downloads, User Guides, and Data Sources

Thanks,
James

1 Like

Thank you so much @jdouglass you were very helpful. I tried it just now, the issue encountered is resolved.

@jdouglass the stream is nulled this time in version 3.14.1 tho

InVEST-natcap.invest.sdr.sdr-log-2024-01-12–08_37_10.txt (37.6 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.