Steam-like blank areas would appear in the output of the SDR module

HI,I would like to get your help and thank you for your efforts in developing the invest model and maintaining the community.

What is the issue or question you have?

I have some problems with the SDR module: the output of usle.tif, rkls.tif,sed_deposition.tif ,avoided_erosion.tif from the SDR module contains some blank value regions that are similar to the position of the stream.

What do you expect to happen?

First of all I would like to know if this is normal or abnormal output? Is he equivalent to NoData values? Secondly, my study area is an area of about 2000 square kilometers, relatively flat, with a large amount of surface modification by human activity, how does this affect the results?

What have you tried so far?

So far I’ve tried: 1. adjusted the TFA parameters;
2. replaced dem data (using bilinear);
3. modified the value to 0.0001 for areas with a K value of 0.
The results are not particularly dramatic and there are still blank areas.

Upload the logfile using the :outbox_tray: button

InVEST-natcap.invest.sdr.sdr-log-2024-04-17–21_47_03.txt (40.2 KB)

Thanks sincerely!!! :grinning:
momo

Hello @MOMO, and welcome!

Yes, it is normal for the SDR model to produce NoData where there are streams. There are a lot of other forum posts talking about this, which you can find using the Search feature. It is also mentioned in the User Guide in the section Defined Area of Inputs and Interpreting Results.

~ Stacie

Thank you for your answer, I will search and read other forum posts and the user guide again!
Have a nice day!