Annual Water Yield model and snowpack

Hi All!
My name is Clara Mosso I am doing my PhD in Ecology at Colorado State University. For my dissertation, want to use InVEST models to estimate the provision of ecosystem services in Patagonia (Argentina) and in Colorado (US) given different development scenarios. In particular, I am interested in applying the Water Yield model in San Martín de los Andes, Aspen, and surrounding areas. However, this model does not include a variable related to snowpack, which is considered an important element of the water budget in these areas. So far, I only found two publications that address the application of the water yield model in Patagonia. The authors mention the snowpack limitation but do not go any further. If people are working in similar areas, I wanted to exchange some ideas of different possibilities to address this limitation.
Thank you!
Clara.

Hello, Clara!
I believe the pack you are looking for is called “SNOW17”. I have never used it myself, but you can contact the authors of the article called “Modeling Water Yield: Assessing the Role of Site and Region-Specific Attributes in Determining Model Performance of the InVEST Seasonal Water Yield Model” (SCORDO, et al, 2018). I contacted professor Scordo about validating the model and he was very receptive.
Cheers!
Victor

1 Like

Thank you so much, Victor!
That was definitely an interesting and useful paper. I will contact professor Scordo as well.
Best,
Clara.

1 Like