Coastal Vulnerability Error: Could not open habitat datasets

InVEST-Coastal-Vulnerability-log-2022-03-24–22_17_43.txt (6.0 KB)
Hi, the above is the error message I get when I run the invest coastal vulnerability model. Please, What do I do?

Hi @Nomsy -

The error message says this:

Could not open these datasets referenced in C:/Users/Nomsy PC/Desktop/Papers on CC Adaptation and Mitigation and Ecosystem based approaches/Sample_data_Invest/RiversState_Habitat/Natural_Habitats.csv:C:/Users/Nomsy PC/Desktop/Papers on CC Adaptation and Mitigation and Ecosystem based approaches/Sample_data_Invest/RiversState_Habitat\Mangrove.shp

So did you verify that “Mangrove.shp” is actually located in the folder “C:/Users/Nomsy PC/Desktop/Papers on CC Adaptation and Mitigation and Ecosystem based approaches/Sample_data_Invest/RiversState_Habitat”?

~ Stacie

In addition to what Stacie mentioned, it is also possible that the mixed forward slashes (/) and backslashes (\) are causing the model to not be able to locate the file. I would recommend switching all of the backslashes to forward slashes just in case.

The slashes come from the folder(s) where the datasets are saved, not sure how I can change all to forward slashes but I will give it a try.
I will look at the mangrove.shp file again and revert. Thank you

Chinomnso C. Onwubiko
PhD Candidate, World Bank Africa Centre of Excellence in Coastal Resilience(ACECoR)
+2347061162130

1 Like

Hi @swolny @jdouglass

So, I discovered I was working from different folders and mangrove shapefile wasn’t located in the said folder, but I have corrected this.

I need to add ranks to the data sets, and I can’t seem to find a way to do that.

@Nomsy ,

well, if you’re trying to add a rank column to your spatial dataset, then it will be easiest to edit the file in a GIS tool such as QGIS and ArcGIS, create the new column and then add values for each of your spatial features.

James

Thanks @jdouglass I was able to do that.

Hi @jdouglass

Please, I ran the coastal vulnerability model, and I got some outputs but no output for coastal exposure, am not sure why. Was hoping you could help me figure out what I didn’t do right. I attached the log file too.
InVEST-Coastal-Vulnerability-log-2023-02-05–21_06_10.txt (5.2 MB)

Closing this since the last question looks like it was moved over here: Coastal Vulnerability model