Coastal Vulnerability: KeyError during interpolate_wwiii_to_shore

InVEST-Coastal-Vulnerability-log-2022-08-25–14_04_23.txt (9.8 KB)

This is fairly strange. It looks like you’re using the sample data WaveWatchIII shapefile. Is there any chance that file got modified somehow? If so, could you try reverting back to the original file?

If that file was not modified at all, then could you please share your Area of Interest & Landmass layers? Thank you,

Also, it’s helpful if you could try the latest version of InVEST (version 3.11.0).

Hi Dave,

Thanks for responding. No, I did not modify the Wavewatch shapefile.

Kindly see the Area of interest attached below.

So I used the same data for Area of interest and Landmass layers. I couldn’t generate a Landmass data/ layer.

I will update to the latest version after this email.

(Attachment Area_of_interest_utm.cpg is missing)

(Attachment Area_of_interest_utm.dbf is missing)

(Attachment Area_of_interest_utm.prj is missing)

(Attachment Area_of_interest_utm.sbn is missing)

(Attachment Area_of_interest_utm.sbx is missing)

(Attachment Area_of_interest_utm.shp is missing)

(Attachment Area_of_interest_utm.shp.xml is missing)

(Attachment Area_of_interest_utm.shx is missing)

Hi @Nomsy , I’m afraid the attachments in your post did not work for some reason. If the files are large it is often more reliable to share a link to a google drive / dropbox, etc.

I don’t know if this is related to the error, but I don’t think you will get meaningful results this way. The AOI is supposed to delineate the region of the Landmass to include in the analysis. To get started, you could use a simple public dataset such as the “Land” layer provided by Natural Earth » 1:10m Physical Vectors - Free vector and raster map data at 1:10m, 1:50m, and 1:110m scales

1 Like

Hi Dave,

So I zipped the files and re-sent them. I hope it works this time.

I will check this simple public dataset “Land” layer provided by Natural Earth » 1:10m Physical Vectors - Free vector and raster map data at 1:10m, 1:50m, and 1:110m scales out.

[

Natural Earth » 1:10m Physical Vectors - Free vector and raster map da…

](Natural Earth » 1:10m Physical Vectors - Free vector and raster map data at 1:10m, 1:50m, and 1:110m scales)

| dave
August 26 |

• | - |

Hi @Nomsy , I’m afraid the attachments in your post did not work for some reason. If the files are large it is often more reliable to share a link to a google drive / dropbox, etc.

Nomsy:

So I used the same data for Area of interest and Landmass layers. I couldn’t generate a Landmass data/ layer.

I don’t know if this is related to the error, but I don’t think you will get meaningful results this way. The AOI is supposed to delineate the region of the Landmass to include in the analysis. To get started, you could use a simple public dataset such as the “Land” layer provided by Natural Earth » 1:10m Physical Vectors - Free vector and raster map data at 1:10m, 1:50m, and 1:110m scales

archive (2).zip (219 KB)

Hi Dave,

Could you please point me to the exact data to download and how to download the data for my study area?

Thanks.

Hi Dave,

I will check this simple public dataset “Land” layer provided by Natural Earth » 1:10m Physical Vectors - Free vector and raster map data at 1:10m, 1:50m, and 1:110m scales out.

[

](Natural Earth » 1:10m Physical Vectors - Free vector and raster map data at 1:10m, 1:50m, and 1:110m scales)

| dave
August 26 |

• | - |

Nomsy:

Hi Dave,

So I lost some of my folders on my laptop while uninstalling InVEST 3.10.2. Is there something I can do to get it back?

Hi Dave,

Could you please point me to the exact data to download and how to download the data for my study area?

Thanks.

Hi Dave,

[

](https://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/10m-physical-vectors/)

| dave
August 26 |

• | - |

Nomsy:

Hi @Nomsy here is a direct download to the Land layer: https://www.naturalearthdata.com/http//www.naturalearthdata.com/download/10m/physical/ne_10m_land.zip

It is a global layer and you may provide it to the invest model as-is. Create an Area of Interest polygon around the region where you want to run the model.

I’m afraid the zip archive you uploaded was missing some files. A shapefile will have many (3 - 5+) files with different extensions, and all must be included. However, maybe it is not necessary for you to share your data if this Land layer solves your problem.

Good luck,

Hi @dave
Thanks, this helped.