Coastal Vulnerability Model TypeError: 'MultiLineString' object is not iterable

What is the issue or question you have?

I keep getting error warnings from InVEST program and I’m not sure what the problem is.

What do you expect to happen?

I thought there was something wrong with the Landmass file, so I tried fixing it, but I got the same error.

What have you tried so far?

I tried to match the coastline data and landmass data and completed the validity check analysis using the QGIS program, but an error occurred.

Upload the logfile using the :outbox_tray: button

And if the error persists even after receiving feedback through log file sharing, I would like to ask if you could share the input data so that we can check the error.
InVEST-natcap.invest.coastal_vulnerability-log-2024-09-04–15_11_09.txt (3.7 KB)
InVEST-natcap.invest.coastal_vulnerability-log-2024-09-04–14_32_04.txt (4.4 KB)

Hi @SG_LEE , thank you for posting your logfiles. I think you are probably right that the issue is with the Landmass layer. If you can share that layer, and your Area of Interest, I can try to resolve the issue.

Thank you,

I used these data(aoi, aoi_300, Landmasses_5179, Landmasses_5179_dis)
I tried using 2 of each, 4 combinations in total, but it didn’t work out well.
Please check it once.
Thank you.

Please understand that the file size is large so I am sending it as a Google Drive link.

Hi @SG_LEE , thanks for sharing these data. I recommend that you first try using a much, much simpler AOI. The AOI should not be identical to the landmass (this may be the source of the error). For the AOI, simply draw a polygon around the area you wish to analyze. The edges of the landmass within the AOI polygon are treated as the coastline. More details: Coastal Vulnerability Model — InVEST® documentation

For the landmass, I suggest not using the dissolved version. And I also recommend using a layer with less detail. The detail of the landmass should not be a problem, but it will make the model take much, much longer. There are features in your landmass layer as small as 3 meters across! If you’re desired model resolution is 300m, this extra detail in the landmass is not useful.

Finally, I suggest using a large model resolution (maybe 10000 meters, given the size of your study area) until you successfully complete a run without errors. Then you may reduce the resolution as desired.