Coastal Vulnerability RTreeError: Index/Data file cannot be created

Hi!
I need help with coastal vulnerability model.
ERROR

02/11/2023 00:29:00 natcap.invest.coastal_vulnerability INFO preparing landmass geometry and interpolating shore points
02/11/2023 00:29:00 taskgraph.Task ERROR Something went wrong when adding task index landmass geometry and interpolate shore points (2), terminating taskgraph.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “taskgraph\Task.py”, line 674, in add_task
File “taskgraph\Task.py”, line 1093, in _call
File “natcap\invest\coastal_vulnerability.py”, line 739, in prepare_landmass_line_index_and_interpolate_shore_points
File “rtree\index.py”, line 284, in init
File “rtree\index.py”, line 1411, in init
File “rtree\core.py”, line 23, in check_void
rtree.exceptions.RTreeError: Error in “Index_Create”: Spatial Index Error: IllegalArgumentException: SpatialIndex::DiskStorageManager: Index/Data file cannot be created.
02/11/2023 00:29:00 natcap.invest.utils ERROR Exception while executing natcap.invest.coastal_vulnerability
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “natcap\invest\utils.py”, line 164, in prepare_workspace
File “invest\cli.py”, line 486, in main
File “natcap\invest\coastal_vulnerability.py”, line 475, in execute
File “taskgraph\Task.py”, line 674, in add_task
File “taskgraph\Task.py”, line 1093, in _call
File “natcap\invest\coastal_vulnerability.py”, line 739, in prepare_landmass_line_index_and_interpolate_shore_points
File “rtree\index.py”, line 284, in init
File “rtree\index.py”, line 1411, in init
File “rtree\core.py”, line 23, in check_void
rtree.exceptions.RTreeError: Error in “Index_Create”: Spatial Index Error: IllegalArgumentException: SpatialIndex::DiskStorageManager: Index/Data file cannot be created.
InVEST-natcap.invest.coastal_vulnerability-log-2023-02-11–00_28_58.txt (4.3 KB)

Hello @filipeaguiarrocha199 ,

Thanks for including your logfile! The error is saying that a certain intermediate file (a spatial index of shore points) that the model uses cannot be created, and so the model is crashing. It is not immediately clear to me why this is, but could you try out these items below and see if any of them resolve the issue?

1. Could you make sure that your workspace folder is not being backed up to a cloud storage service such as Dropbox or OneDrive? These backup services can often cause issues like this if the workspace is within a folder that these services are backing up. If this is the case, please try excluding your workspace folder from backups or temporarily disable backups and see if that resolves the issue.
  2. I see from your logfile that your workspace (C:\Users\Lipe Aguiar\Documents\Mestrado\Serviços Ecossistemicos\Dados Quintão\Workspace) has some non-ASCII characters in the filename (ç, ã). It is possible that one of InVEST’s dependencies is not as tolerant of non-ASCII characters as it should be. Could you try running the model with C:\Users\Lipe Aguiar\Documents\workspace as your workspace and see if that runs through?

If neither of those work and the model is still erroring, would you please send me your inputs so I can try to reproduce the issue on my end?

Thanks,
James

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.