ERROR Carbon Model

Hello… There is a Programing Error with the Carbon Model.
“Something went wrong when adding task carbon_map_c_above_cur (0), terminating taskgraph.”
ProgrammingError: You must not use 8-bit bytestrings unless you use a text_factory that can interpret 8-bit bytestrings (like text_factory = str). It is highly recommended that you instead just switch your application to Unicode strings.
Can you help me with this please? Thank you!
InVEST-InVEST-Carbon-Model-log-2019-10-29–19_26_58.txt (3.3 KB)

Hi @Igor09,

Thanks for posting and letting us know about this issue. If you haven’t already tried this, could you download InVEST 3.7.0 and see if that fixes the issue?

If that doesn’t work, I see from your logfile (thanks for including that, by the way!) that your workspace, lulc and carbon pools table all have an accented á in the filepaths. While this would (hopefully) not be an issue, it is something that has been historically problematic for InVEST and is something we’re working to fix. Could you try moving your workspace and inputs to folders that do not have any accents or other diacritical marks?

Let us know how these go!
James

Thank you James!! That was one of the problem. I did not noticed that accented in the filepaths.

Ah, yeah … accents (and other characters) are surprisingly challenging to work with. I’m glad you were able to find a workaround!

James

1 Like