Error in HQ model: File too large regarding tile size

Hello, I got some problem while running the habitat quality model
I created the profile as required, and there was no error message before running.
Here I put the run log on it
InVEST-natcap.invest.habitat_quality-log-2023-03-13–14_54_45.txt (5.0 KB)
Thanks very much

Hi @hongkongdoll -

Thanks for posting the log file. The error message is this:

ERROR [errno 6] E:\StudyThing2\START\HQ\intermediate\kernels\kernel_uban_c.tif: File too large regarding tile size. This would result in a file with tile arrays larger than 2GB

I’d think that two things would affect the file size: the resolution + extent of your landcover map, and the values of MAX_DIST in the Threats table. High resolution + large extent leads to large file sizes, as does having a large MAX_DIST for your Threats (and a reminder that MAX_DIST is given in kilometers, not meters). Check these out and let us know what you find.

~ Stacie

1 Like

yeah, I use sahel regin in Africa about 10,000,000km^2
I set the threat MAX_DIST is 10km, I am not sure if it is to small
I change MAX_DIST to 1000km and have another problem
InVEST-natcap.invest.habitat_quality-log-2023-03-13–23_55_21.txt (4.3 KB)

Changing MAX_DIST to 1000km will probably not be feasible computationally. If anything, you’d want to try a MAX_DIST that is smaller than 10km to see if that helps.

If your area of interest is very large, what is the resolution of your data? Could you try resampling your input data to a larger pixel size and see how that affects things?

~ Stacie

Thanks for suggestion, I try to set the MAX_DIST to 5km but log show same problem
The resolution of my data is 500m*500m, I am not sure if it is too small
maybe I should transfor to lager pixel size
I will try again in the near future.
Thanks again

Hi @hongkongdoll , if I search this forum for the phrase “File too large regarding tile size” I see there are 3 or 4 topics with this issue, and they all seem to indicate a problem with the definition of the coordinate reference system for a raster. Please consult those questions & answers to see if you have a similar issue. Thank you!

@dave @swolny Thanks, I chack my raster map and find the problem.
I change the resolution and solve it.
Thanks again

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.