Example data for Annual Water Yield model

Hi, where could I find example data for this model? I only found data for seasonal WY. Thanks!

Hi @yingjie, sometimes the Annual Water Yield model is known by it’s other name: “Hydropower”. So you should find a Hydropower folder in your sample data directory.

thanks @dave. I do find a “Hydropower” folder, but other inputs such as prep, pawc … still missing

Ahh, you’re right! Much of the other data is stored in Base_Data/Freshwater/

A better answer would have been to suggest that you can load all the sample data into the user interface at once by File > Load... and then browse to annual_water_yield_willamette.invs.json which should be in the InVEST installation directory.

Hi
Did you find the sample data of water yield mode?

Hi @Adele -

When you installed InVEST, if you also chose to install sample data, you will find the data for Hydropower/Annual Water Yield in two folders:

[InVEST install folder]/Hydropower/input - input tables for the model
[InVEST install folder]/Base_Data/Freshwater - all of the spatial inputs

Apologies that this is confusing. I’m currently working on updating the freshwater sample data so it is easier to find and work with.

~ Stacie

Thank you for your replay
I have another question, I am currently working on water yield model but I have this error: ‘‘These datasets are unprojected set’’
I used the same coordinate system for all layers but I have this error for one of my layer.
Thank you

Hi @Adele -

When posting errors, please include the entire log file (.txt) that the model produces in your Workspace, that provides a lot more information to help us debug, especially for errors like this. Thanks!

~ Stacie

InVEST-Hydropower-Water-Yield-log-2020-01-14–02_56_56.txt (10.5 KB)

Thanks @Adele. One thing is that you’re using an old version of InVEST (3.4). I recommend updating to the latest version (3.7), since there have been a lot of bug fixes and performance improvements.

The log file that you sent has this error:
tiffWriteProc: No space left on device

It looks like you’re out of disk space, so the model will obviously have problems running.

When you get errors, it is worthwhile to look at all of the log messages, and not just the final one. In this case, the final error says
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘RasterCount’
but if you read the previous lines, you can see that you’re out of disk space, which is the real underlying problem.

~ Stacie

1 Like