Explanation on Crop Production Model

Hello, I’m new in InVEST and i was trying to analyze estimated crop production model for oil palm and rubber. The things I want to know are as follows :

1. What data is used in the regression model besides the land use map for the selected crops?
  2. Is the data model (studied in 2000, based on observed model) still relevant to be used in 2023?
  3. I’m not really familiar with percentile in the model. What does it mean?

Any explanation would be greatly appreciated
Thank you in advance

1 Like

Hello @wisnuhry , and welcome to the forums!

The InVEST Crop Production is built around regression parameters contained in the Monfreda dataset (citation in the references section). We include the files needed to run the InVEST Crop Production model (both the regression and the percentile) in the InVEST Sample Data.

I’ll have to defer to @jandrewjohnson 's expert opinion on this!

A brief overview of the models can be found in the user’s guide chapter, along with a summary of the operations the model performs.

In particular, this might address your question:

The percentile yields are useful for exploring a range of intenstification levels, listing the yield for the 25th, 50th, 75th, and 95th percentiles, amongst observed yield data in each of the crop’s climate bins.

Let us know if you have any further questions!
James

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.