How to normalize rkls using raster calculator

I got an error while normalizing the rkls raster which is an output of SDR model while run the raster calculator. pls help.

Hi @tamasha -

Welcome to the NatCap forum. When you get an error, please post the entire log file (.txt) that is produced in the Workspace you define for your outputs. This will provide more information to help us understand what is going wrong. Thank you!

~ Stacie

1 Like

InVEST-Sediment-Delivery-Ratio-Model-(SDR)-log-2020-09-22–12_11_37.txt (15.9 KB)

Dear Stacie

I sent the log file too.

Thank you

Kind regards

Tamasha Fernando

image001.jpg

Hello @tamasha -

Looking at the log file, I do not see any errors, it appears that the model ran fine and completed. However, is it possible that you ran the model twice in the same Workspace, and posted the second log file? InVEST has a cool feature - if we re-run the model in the same Workspace, it will save processing time by not re-running parts of the model that are not necessary, based on which inputs changed between the first run and the second. In this log file, I do not see calculations for RKLS, USLE etc, it looks like it did not re-run those, it just skipped to later calculations, so there is no RKLS error.

So please post the first log file, the one that has the RKLS error in it. If you’re not sure which one that is, just re-run the model in a new Workspace (or delete all of the outputs in the original Workspace), forcing SDR to do all of the calculations from the beginning. Thanks.

~ Stacie

Dear Stacie

The log file sent to you is the corrected one. Some width error occurred in the watershed boundary earlier and I corrected the width of the area attribute and the model run well. But the problem occurred when I use the rkls for normalization using Raster calculator in Arc GIS 10.3. The error is “Error 000539 – Error running expression: rcexec ()”. It says that the Python is not supported with the raster calculator tool.

Thank you for your early response and could you please help me in this matter.

Thank You

Kind regards

Tamasha Fernando/SEO

Research and Development

Central Environmental Authority

Sri Lanka

image001.jpg

Hi @tamasha -

Oh! So that error is from ArcGIS 10.3, not InVEST. While I do use ArcGIS, I have never gotten that error, and am not sure what it would refer to. The only thing I can think of is if you’re trying to run Python code in Raster Calculator, but I don’t think that Python is supported in that tool. So I am not really able to help, but I would recommend posting this issue to the ArcGIS forum.

~ Stacie

Dear Stacie

Yes . It is an error encountered with the raster calculator. It doesn’t support the python code. I tried the raster “rkls” (InVEST output) with ERDAS. Then it is ok.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Kind regards

Tamasha

image001.jpg