Installation and running problems

Hello everybody,
I am having a hard time trying to start my invest-experience,
I have installed the latest version on Invest (3.7.0) on a windows10 system.
Installation works without problems but whatever is the model I try to run the system lounches for a few seconds a prompt-like black windows and the program closes automatically.
If I try to run invest.exe from dos prompt I have this following list of outputs

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “Z:\opt\atlassian\pipelines\agent\build\src\natcap\invest\cli.py”, line 18, in
File “c:\users\root\temp\pip-install-oyhmm6\PyInstaller\PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py”, line 396, in load_module
File “Z:\opt\atlassian\pipelines\agent\build\env\lib\site-packages\natcap\invest\utils.py”, line 10, in
File “c:\users\root\temp\pip-install-oyhmm6\PyInstaller\PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py”, line 396, in load_module
File “Z:\opt\atlassian\pipelines\agent\build\env\lib\site-packages\pandas_init_.py”, line 42, in
File “Z:\opt\atlassian\pipelines\agent\build\env\lib\site-packages\pandas\core\api.py”, line 26, in
File “Z:\opt\atlassian\pipelines\agent\build\env\lib\site-packages\pandas\core\groupby_init_.py”, line 1, in
File “Z:\opt\atlassian\pipelines\agent\build\env\lib\site-packages\pandas\core\groupby\groupby.py”, line 37, in
File “Z:\opt\atlassian\pipelines\agent\build\env\lib\site-packages\pandas\core\frame.py”, line 100, in
File “Z:\opt\atlassian\pipelines\agent\build\env\lib\site-packages\pandas\core\series.py”, line 51, in
File “Z:\opt\atlassian\pipelines\agent\build\env\lib\site-packages\pandas\plotting_init_.py”, line 11, in
File “Z:\opt\atlassian\pipelines\agent\build\env\lib\site-packages\pandas\plotting_core.py”, line 36, in
File “Z:\opt\atlassian\pipelines\agent\build\env\lib\site-packages\pandas\plotting_converter.py”, line 6, in
File “Z:\opt\atlassian\pipelines\agent\build\env\lib\site-packages\matplotlib_init_.py”, line 1162, in
File “Z:\opt\atlassian\pipelines\agent\build\env\lib\site-packages\matplotlib_init_.py”, line 1006, in rc_params
File “Z:\opt\atlassian\pipelines\agent\build\env\lib\site-packages\matplotlib_init_.py”, line 1133, in rc_params_from_file
File “Z:\opt\atlassian\pipelines\agent\build\env\lib\site-packages\matplotlib_init_.py”, line 1049, in rc_params_in_file
File “C:\Python27\Lib\contextlib.py”, line 17, in enter
File "Z:\opt\atlassian\pipelines\agent\build\env\lib\site-packages\matplotlib_init
.py", line 1034, in _open_file_or_url
LookupError: unknown encoding: cp65001
[11760] Failed to execute script cli

Thanks for your help
Paolo

Hi @paolo.vassallo, thanks for posting your issue.

I found some relevant info about the error here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35176270/python-2-7-lookuperror-unknown-encoding-cp65001

And it makes me think that our latest development build of InVEST might resolve this, since it is built with Python 3. Would you mind trying it out? http://releases.naturalcapitalproject.org/invest/3.7.0.post839+h89ab3f9d1349/InVEST_3.7.0.post839+h89ab3f9d1349_x86_Setup.exe

1 Like

I am very interested to see if this is resolved by the dev build @dave linked! Encodings tend to be quite a gnarly issue.

Dear Dave,
it seems that this has solved the problem I had. The program now load the graphical interface and I am planning to run a few simulations in the next few days.
Thank you very much for your timely and effective help
All the best
Paolo

Glad to hear it!

I’m going to close this thread since the issue is resolved. Feel free to start a New Topic if new issues come up in the future.