No data value - NDR model

Hello everyone!

I am having some problems with Nutrient Delivery Ratio model. The model ran without showing any error, however the “n_export” and “p_export” outputs have only NA values. Similarly, the attribute table of “watershed_results_ndr.shp” also has NA in all lines.

I checked the intermediate outputs and some of them seems OK (ie with values), such as “ndr_n” and “ndr_p”. However, “surface_load_p” and “runoff_proxy_index” have only NA values.

What must be the problem? Some tips?

Thank you!

InVEST-Nutrient-Delivery-Ratio-Model-(NDR)-log-2021-11-05–14_14_02.txt (49.4 KB)

Hi @fmr,

Thanks for posting and including the log file. Nothing jumps out to me in the log file unfortunately. Would you mind sharing your inputs so I can reproduce the problem? You can share them via Google Drive ( or another cloud sharing service ), or email directly to ddenu @ stanford . edu if they would fit in a zip file.

Cheers,

Doug

Hi Doug,

I’ve just sent a Dropbox link directly to your email.
I appreciate your help.

Cheers,
Fernando

1 Like

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for sharing your data. I was able to run it and reproduce the problem. In looking at the inputs I noticed that the Nutrient Runoff Proxy input looked like a DEM more so than a quickflow index or precipitation raster. I just wanted to double check that input was desired.

Cheers,

Doug

Hi Doug,

Thanks for checking that. I double checked the Nutrient Runoff Proxy input and it seems correct. It is a precipitation raster that I took from CHELSA Bioclim (Bio12 Annual Precipitation). But I agree that the DEM seems to have a great influence in the precipitation in the region. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Cheers,
Fernando

Hi @fmr ,

I think I figured out what is going on. The Nutrient Runoff Proxy input has a nodata value set to nan. Usually we see nodata set to a valid number or not set at all (None). The nan value is then causing issues when we try to normalize that raster.

Could you convert that input’s nodata value to -999.0 and try running the model again?

Cheers,

Doug

1 Like

Great! I made this raster in R… I will change the nodata value and run the model again.
Thank you!
Fernando

2 Likes

I changed the nodata value and the model worked properly.
Thank you so much, Doug.
Cheers,
Fernando

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.