Potentially large variation in crop production results

Hey guys, I need to use the INVEST model when I finish my postgraduate degree and the grain yield module I am currently working on has a study area of 4293107.73 hectares and the predicted results are tens of times larger than the observed results. Is this correct? Thank you.
百分位result_table.csv (7.3 KB)
回归result_table.csv (2.5 KB)

Hi @summon, it’s tough to say just from your output tables if this is a reasonable model output. Could you attach your logfile and model inputs here so we can take a closer look at what the model is doing?

Thanks,
James

Of course you can, the document is attached, thank you for your help
landcover_to_crop_table.csv (37 Bytes)
InVEST-Crop-Production-Percentile-log-2022-04-13–16_05_47.txt (28.2 KB)

InVEST-Crop-Production-Regression-log-2022-04-04–19_40_36.txt (37.2 KB)

@jdouglass Hi Douglas, did you get that?

Hi @summon,
Can you please share the rest of your model inputs? We would need all of them in order to reproduce the problem. Thanks!

Hi,esoth
The Crop Grain module requires biophysical tables and raster data to be entered, but my raster data is over 8M and cannot be uploaded

Similar issues have come up recently with rice and maize. It seems something might be wrong with the model data we have distributed. See the instructions here to download the other (possibly more correct) versions of the rice and maize yield data. And please let us know if that gives you results more like what you expect.

InVEST-Crop-Production-Percentile-log-2022-04-25–19_29_16.txt (29.0 KB)
Hi,esoth
I have replaced the file and changed the name as you said, but the model is running with the following error, I don’t know what to do, can you help me?

See the instructions here to resolve that error.

I added the new source data for the run and the results from the maize example increased from 29625 tonnes to 94,212 tonnes, which is an exciting increase. The increased grain yield is close to that of 2015, but the year I chose for the study is 2018 (land use is also from 2018) and I wonder if the reason the results are close to those of 2015 has something to do with the fact that the original grain yield data is the average of 1997-2003?
I have a small request, can we make our own maps to provide source files of yields that are more in line with the different study areas?

---- 回复的原邮件 ----

发件人 | Emily Soth via Natural Capital Project Online Communitynotifications@naturalcapitalproject.discoursemail.com |

• | - |
    日期 | 2022年04月22日 06:06 |
    收件人 | 13598052182@163.com13598052182@163.com |
    抄送至 | |
    主题 | [Natural Capital Project Online Community] [NatCap Software Support] Potentially large variation in crop production results |

| esoth
April 21 |

• | - |

Similar issues have come up recently with rice and maize. It seems something might be wrong with the model data we have distributed. See the instructions here to download the other (possibly more correct) versions of the rice and maize yield data. And please let us know if that gives you results more like what you expect.