Rangland production model value error

Hi, I am recently using the rpm and it returns an issue that “base_raster_path_band_const_list` is empty and should have at least one value”
this my in inputs in the screenshot and the error in the log.Could you help me with it?
Rangeland-Production-Model-log-2022-02-28–10_25_36.txt (121.7 KB)

Hi @Said , I’m not very familiar with this tool, but a quick look at the source code makes me think that the model is failing to detect your other PFT rasters. Could you maybe take a screenshot or include a directory listing here of the files in the folder D:\aaaaaaaaaaaPROJET DE FIN D ETUDE\fiche tfe\modele de parcours\les inputs\Nouveau dossier\? I’m guessing this is just a naming thing that should be caught much earlier but isn’t.

Thanks,
James

hi @jdouglass , i try many names and doesn’t word, this is the screenshot of the file in the folder

Hello both, I am on vacation until March 9 and unable to help until then. I will take a look as soon as I can, sorry for the delay.

2 Likes

hi @GingerK , thank you

Hi @GingerK , I am recently using the rpm and it returns an issue that “base_raster_path_band_const_list` is empty and should have at least one value”
this my in inputs in the screenshot and the error in the log.Could you help me with it?
Rangeland-Production-Model-log-2022-02-28–10_25_36.txt (121.7 KB)

Hi @Said, I apologize for the delay!

Is it true that your plant functional type raster, the file named “pft 1.tif”, is located in a folder named “pft 1”? So that the full path to this plant functional type raster is
“D:\aaaaaaaaaaaPROJET DE FIN D ETUDE\fiche tfe\modele de parcours\les inputs\Nouveau dossier\pft 1\pft 1.tif” ?

If this is true, you must modify the Plant Functional Type Fractional Cover Pattern input to be
D:\aaaaaaaaaaaPROJET DE FIN D ETUDE\fiche tfe\modele de parcours\les inputs\Nouveau dossier\pft 1\pft .tif

I can’t tell if there is a space in the folder name (“pft 1”) that contains your plant functional type raster. But I hope you understand my point - the Plant Functional Type Fractional Cover Pattern input must contain the full path to your plant functional type raster.

Please give that a try and let me know how it goes!
Ginger

hi @GingerK , my pft raster named pft 1 and the folder named pft like in the screenshot, I still have the same error

Rangeland-Production-Model-log-2022-03-13–22_28_43.txt (121.4 KB)

Hi @Said, you need to change the Plant Functional Type Fractional Cover Pattern input so that it contains the entire path to your PFT raster. It needs to include the folder “pft”. The easiest way to do this is to copy the path to your PFT raster (you can do this by holding down the shift key, right-clicking the file, and clicking “Copy as path”); paste this into the RPM user interface for the Plant Functional Type Fractional Cover Pattern; and replace “1” with “<PFT>”.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi @GingerK, Thank you for your patients and help,The model was run succeeded . However, i have a problem in the result like in the screenshot

Hi @Said, I’m glad the model ran successfully!
I expect this is a problem due to your inputs, but it’s very hard to know exactly what is wrong. I would suggest first comparing your inputs to the sample data supplied with the model and ensuring that all inputs have a similar numeric range. They should not be too different from each other. Often some inputs like bulk density, precipitation, or temperature are in the wrong units.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.