Running Carbon storage

What is the issue or question you have?

Hi cherished community! I am new to InVEST. Please can I use the same carbon pool data for the LULC 2005, 2015, and 2023 to quantify the carbon storage? Please, I am reaching out for help.
Thank you.

Regards,
Michael

Hello @Michael008, and welcome!

Yes, you can use the same carbon pool data for the different LULC scenarios, if you’re assuming that, for example, “forest” in 2005 is the same as “forest” in 2023.

If you need to account for growth, degradation, or other changes over time that affect carbon storage, you can either create new table values for each scenario, or create different LULC classes over time that have different table values. For example, you might call a patch of forest “forest 2005” in 2005 and “forest aged 18 years” in 2023, and give higher carbon values to the 2023 forest. But this is not necessary.

~ Stacie

Thank you swolny! I used the same carbon pool data for all the years, but it gave me the same map output given the fact that there were massive LULC changes across the years. Since there were changes, then I guess I have to change for the pool for forest and agriculture field.
I hope to hear from you!
Thank you for your comments.

Regards,
Michael