Source of the Habitat Quality data in example:

What is the source of land use data used in habitat quality assessment example file provided with the software? Is it available for 2000, 2010, and 2016 for the entire US? I know there are NLCD, NASS and other data available. But the example dataset is 30 meters with a more detailed classification of the US land use?

I would appreciate it if someone knows the source.

Thanks
Eric

Hi @hold172 -

The Habitat Quality sample data is from a project that we did a very long time ago with partners in Oregon. Unfortunately we didn’t keep a lot (really any) metadata for the input datasets, but given the extreme granularity of the LULC classes, I’m confident that it’s not a national dataset. Here’s a paper written about the project that says, “The base map in this study was a 1990 LU/LC map for the Willamette Basin (29 728 km2) developed by the Pacific Northwest Ecosystem Research Consortium…” Check out the paper for more information.

~ Stacie

1 Like

Hi Stacie,
I am working on assessment of ecosystem services in Zambia and Ghana. My research sites are small, about 5000km2. So we have high requirements for data resolution. The data from usgs, resolution is 300meters. It is quite low for our project. I am wondering if you know other data resources? Could be global or just in African area.
Another question is do you have any idea about how to check the accuracy of landuse classification? It is possible to check the accuracy of each class at landscape level?
I am looking forward to your response.
Thank you!

Diling

Hi @Diling,

Do you mind moving your question to a new post? I don’t think it relates to this topic.

Thanks,

Doug