Urban Flood Risk Mitigation - published papers

Hello, I would like to know if there is already any publication about the app Urban Flood Risk Mitigation or any background that may be useful
Thank you

Hello CamilaMujica, yes there is one.
Kadaverugu, A.; Rao, C.; Viswanadh, G. (2020): Quantification of flood mitigation services by urban green spaces using InVEST model: a case study of Hyderabad city, India. In: Modeling Earth Systems and Environment 57. DOI: 10.1007/s40808-020-00937-0.

1 Like

Hi, I came to the forum exactly looking for more published papers in search of a better understanding of the model, since there are no tutorials like for other models and the handbook manual is really short for this model.

I was only able to find the one already mentioned above, and this one that used the model:
Quagliolo C, Comino E and Pezzoli A (2021) Experimental Flash Floods Assessment Through Urban Flood Risk Mitigation (UFRM) Model: The Case Study of Ligurian Coastal Cities. Front. Water 3:663378. doi: 10.3389/frwa.2021.663378

And this one from the developers might also be useful:
Hamel et al. (2021) Mapping the benefits of nature in cities with the InVEST software. npj Urban Sustainability (2021) 1:25 ; https://doi.org/10.1038/s42949-021-00027-9

4 Likes

Hi @stellamanes, I am starting to use the model. Do you know hydraulic model is used? It is the Quickflow used in Seasonal Water Yield? or this Urban Flood Risk not consider flood depth for water acumulation?