Urban flood risk mitigation model

Hello Nat Cap family,

I am willing to use Urban flood risk mitigation model!! Has anyone worked it with before? Can I have some references for this model calibration and validation? Some literature behind the model would really help me forward. Any published papers will also help a lot.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Shiksha.

Hello Shikxya, there is one paper (as far as i know) released.

Kadaverugu, A.; Rao, C.; Viswanadh, G. (2020): Quantification of flood mitigation services by urban green spaces using InVEST model: a case study of Hyderabad city, India. In: Modeling Earth Systems and Environment 57. DOI: 10.1007/s40808-020-00937-0.

2 Likes

Hi, I came to the forum exactly looking for more published papers in search of a better understanding of the model, since there are no tutorials like for other models and the handbook manual is really short for this model.

I was only able to find the one already mentioned above, and this one that used the model:
Quagliolo C, Comino E and Pezzoli A (2021) Experimental Flash Floods Assessment Through Urban Flood Risk Mitigation (UFRM) Model: The Case Study of Ligurian Coastal Cities. Front. Water 3:663378. doi: 10.3389/frwa.2021.663378

And this one from the developers might also be useful:
Hamel et al. (2021) Mapping the benefits of nature in cities with the InVEST software. npj Urban Sustainability (2021) 1:25 ; https://doi.org/10.1038/s42949-021-00027-9

Thanks for the responses everyone. I’m going to close this topic since it’s a duplicate of Urban Flood Risk Mitigation - published papers