Water yield is 0 and wetland yield is 0, why?

I would like to ask why I use the water yield module, the final calculation of the water yield is 0. And not only the water yield, but also the wetland yield is 0.
InVEST-natcap.invest.annual_water_yield-log-2023-03-30–20_16_04.txt (21.2 KB)
InVEST-natcap.invest.annual_water_yield-log-2023-03-30–20_27_09.txt (21.2 KB)

Hi @xuehaixiaobai -

Do the results show a water yield value of 0 for all of the subwatersheds (or pixels) in your area of interest? Or is there a result of 0 only for the pixels that have a land use/land cover type of “water” or “wetland”?

Have you reviewed your input rasters and table values to see if any of those inputs are causing the 0 values? Also, it is possible to have water yield values of 0 in places where actual evapotranspiration is greater than precipitation. Take a look at the aet and fractp outputs in the per_pixel output folder (which are further explained in the User Guide) and see if this explains the places you’re seeing a value of 0.

~ Stacie

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer, inspired by your answer. After reviewing the information, I found that the evapotranspiration in the study area is indeed much greater than the precipitation, which I really did not anticipate. Thank you again for your answer - a beginner software user from China!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.