Collaborating with InVEST

Hi - I’ve developed a GIS-based model for my PhD which visualises and quanitifies regulating ES produced by various configurations of landscape components. Your team were very helpful in the early development stages. I’m now looking at developing the model further, including how it could be integrated with InVEST. How could we discuss this further?
Many thanks
Richard

1 Like

Hi @Minton71,

Thanks for posting and for your interest in collaborating. Would you be able to share more context about how your model works and what it does? I’d also be curious to hear if you’re developing it in Python or another programming language?

As for integration into InVEST, we are actively developing a system that will allow users to extend the InVEST Workbench to run other InVEST-like models. In the future your model might be a great candidate for that pathway into InVEST. This is still in early development but we hope to share more before the end of the year.

We are happy to discuss and answer questions related to further developing your model here on the forum. It’d be great to hear more about what you’re working on and what help you might need to get there.

Cheers,

Doug

Hi Doug

Many thanks for your quick reply.

The ESMAX model examines how various spatial arrangements of service providing units (SPUs) within a designated study area influence the levels of regulating ecosystem services (ES) produced. SPUs can theoretically include any feature that serves as a source of regulating ES, such as a water body, pasture, cluster of trees, or man-made infrastructure. The model operates by acknowledging that for each type of regulating ES related to lateral flows, there is a characteristic first-order and second-order effects. These factors are then used to estimate the ES performance supplied by different spatial configurations.

The model has been developed using Python.

My PhD synopses are getting shorter and shorter, which I assume is a good thing!

We’re developing the model further as part of my postdoc and have received a bit of funding to support the process.

My team would be very interested to hear more about the InVEST Workbench initiative you mention.

Cheers

Richard

Hi Doug

Looking forward to hearing back from you on this.

Cheers

Richard