Connection Closed Error - Recreation Model

Hi,

I am trying to run the recreation model without any regression. Unfortunately, it shows error as below:

Pyro4.errors.ConnectionClosedError: receiving: connection lost: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

2020-10-21 10:47:10,088 execution.run(83) INFO Execution finished

Can you please help? I have also attached the screenshot for your reference. Thanks.

Hi @devansh.jain,

Thanks for the post and the update! We’ll check that the server isn’t down and get back to you soon.

Doug

Hi @devansh.jain,

The Rec Server seems to be in working order and I can run it successfully here. If you’re still experiencing this problem could you attach the logfile? Can you successfully run the model with InVEST sample data provided?

Best,

Doug

Thanks. It’s working fine for the moment.

Devansh

1 Like

InVEST-Recreation-Model-log-2020-11-25–09_59_43.txt (3.7 KB) Hi,
I am facing the same problem for a long time now. How did you manage to solve the issue? I am currently using the sample data they provided, and I ran the model with and without regression and in both the cases I am getting the same error. Kindly help me out.

Thank you,
Pravinya.

@pravinyab are you still experiencing this issue? The rec model seems to be working fine for me, indicating the server should be up and running.

Cheers,

Doug

Yes, the problem still persistent. Do you suggest to re-download the software or something else to solve the problem?

Hi @pravinyab

I notice you’re using InVEST 3.7.0. Could you upgrade to the latest 3.8.9 version? InVEST Download Page

I think this will fix your issues.

Doug

Hi,

I am facing a similar issue.

Last week I tried to run the InVEST Visitation: Recreation and Tourism model, with and without computing a regression using the two different aoi, and it worked well.
However, today I am not being able to run the model anymore, using the same aoi. It keeps trying to contact the server without success.
I also tried with the recreation model sample data and got the same log file:

Initializing…
Showing messages with level INFO and higher
2021-03-01 14:13:55,916 utils.prepare_workspace(123) INFO Writing log messages to C:/InVEST_3.9.0_x64/sample_data/recreation\InVEST-Recreation-Model-log-2021-03-01–14_13_55.txt
2021-03-01 14:13:55,921 model._logged_target(1646) Level 100 Starting model with parameters:
Arguments for InVEST natcap.invest.recreation.recmodel_client 3.9.0:
aoi_path C:/InVEST_3.8.7_x86/sample_data/recreation/andros_aoi.shp
cell_size 1000
compute_regression False
end_year 2017
grid_aoi True
grid_type square
n_workers -1
results_suffix
start_year 2005
workspace_dir C:/InVEST_3.9.0_x64/sample_data/recreation

2021-03-01 14:13:56,257 recmodel_client._grid_vector(549) INFO gridding aoi
2021-03-01 14:14:24,285 recmodel_client._retrieve_photo_user_days(461) INFO Contacting server, please wait.

Thank you for your help.

Thanks for letting us know, @rpi . The server is not responding for me either. I’ll report back when we have it back online.

Okay @rpi we’re back online. Thanks again for the error report!

1 Like

Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.