Regarding land use/land cover raster layer

I created land use raster layers using NDVI classification and those classification based on sample biophysical table. Then I input that layer to the urban cooling model. There is a no issue with that layer. Is it a correct way? Could you please give some explanation on this?
Do I need to use NDVI and NDWI layers for the landuse classification?

Hi @162316V -

The Urban Cooling model does use land use rasters, not NDVI, so you are correct in using them. Do you get an error from the model? If so, please post the whole log file (.txt) that is created in your output Workspace, and it might give us information to help understand what’s happening.

One quick thing to check is whether the “lucode” values in the biophysical table match the “Value” values in your land use raster. All of the Values in your land use raster must also have entries in the biophysical table, or the model will give an error. Please see the User Guide for more information about the required format.

~ Stacie

1 Like

Thank you very much for the explanation

hi

What map did you use for evapotranspiration reference ?
Did you use the same sites that were on the lulc map ?

Hi @idithoo,

You might find this topic helpful: Reference evapotranspiration raster data

hi

i have the information about the evapotranspiration , do i need to used them in the map that i use to lulc?

Hi @idithoo,

The LULC raster and evapotranspiration raster are separate inputs, and your LULC classification doesn’t need to have anything to do with evapotranspiration values. The two rasters do need to overlap, though. Please see the Data Needs section of the user’s guide, and if that doesn’t clear things up, feel free to start a new topic for your question!

good morning

do you know what this massege mean in the urban cooling moodle

@Limor12,

This thread is seemingly becoming a catch all for Urban Cooling, so I’m going to close this thread and open a new one with your question to keep things clean. The new thread is over here:

UCM Error: Could not convert string to float