Scenario Generator model

Dear Nat Cap Team,
I am using the Invest 3.7.0 Scenario Generator model.
Im receiving an error during the run of a Scenario model.
Attached you can find the log file.
Also,only one running successful ,but output do not boundary figure.
Thank you in advance for the help

InVEST-Scenario-Generator-Proximity-Based-log-2020-05-07–09_54_54.txt (1.5 KB)
InVEST-Scenario-Generator-Proximity-Based-log-2020-05-07–09_25_18.txt (4.9 KB)

Hi @lucy

Sorry for the short delay. It looks like you are entering “wetland” for the Replacement Landcover Code, but that entry expects an integer value for the land cover code. So if “wetland” is 5 in your land cover raster you would enter 5 in that input.

I also notice that you are running InVEST 3.7. Do you think you could download and try InVEST 3.8 as well? It’s our latest release and has the most up to date bug fixes.

Thanks for posting!

Doug

1 Like

Hi Doug,
Thank you very much for your answer to my question!
I try to enter 1 2 3 4 5… in that input.But it didn’t turn out very well.The running successful ,but output do not boundary figure.Attached you can find the log file.
InVEST-Scenario-Generator-Proximity-Based-log-2020-05-09–10_14_48.txt (1.1 KB)
nearest_to_edge_1111.csv (45 Bytes)
nearest_to_edge_1111.tif (3.9 KB)
Thanks for your reply!
Lucy

Hi @lucy,

Would you be willing to share your input LULC raster and other inputs? You could attach them here or share them via a file sharing service if they are too large.

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Doug,
Thank you very much! I seem to have found the cause of the problem.
It may be a problem with inconsistent boundary projections.
Now I can output the image. But I have another problem.
In the scenario generator model run, why is it changed from the top down or from the bottom up? I tried to use the Farthest from edge and Nearest to edge.

Thanks for your reply!

Lucy

Hi Lucy,

Glad you got it working. I’m not sure what your question is, pertaining to “why is it changed from the top down or from the bottom up?”. Could you perhaps explain a little more?

The documentation does have a few examples of different ways to use the Convert From Edge and Convert Towards Edge here: http://releases.naturalcapitalproject.org/invest-userguide/latest/scenario_gen_proximity.html#the-model

Best,

Doug

1 Like

Hi Doug,

Glad to got your link. It’s very useful to me.About my question, I want to explain a little more.
While I’m running model, conversion of LULC does not start at the center.
It tends to start at the boundary.Attached you can find the log file.

Thanks,

Lucy

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for explaining. I think what you’re seeing as top down vs bottom up results might be an artifact of the area_to_convert parameter. Could you try bumping that number up? What I think might be happening is that running farthest from edge is converting the “bottom” pixels, because they are furthest from the “top” pixels which are being operated on first. Then the maximum area to convert is being met and the model is stopping. Likewise, running nearest to edge is converting all the closest pixels to the “top” pixels which are being operated on first and then the maximum area to convert is being met and the model is stopping.

If you would like to send your input data along I am happy to make sure this isn’t a bug. It might also help to know what kind of scenarios you are trying to make, like “expand agriculture from forest core outward”.

Best,

Doug

2 posts were split to a new topic: Scenario Generator issue