Seasonal Water Yield error: 'warn' method

Hello,

I am trying to run the Seasonal Water Yield model. I have tried using both InVEST 3.8.0 and 3.8.9, but I get the same warning in both, which is: DeprecationWarning: The ‘warn’ method is deprecated, use ‘warning’ instead. It seems to stem from ‘ERROR Something went wrong when adding task aggregate recharge (35), terminating taskgraph’ (log file is attached for further clarity)

Could you provide any advice as to I might fix this issue?

Many thanks,
Paul

InVEST-Seasonal-Water-Yield-log-2020-10-12–11_13_43.txt (61.4 KB)

Hi @EcoEvans,

It’s not initially clear to me what is causing the problem. The DeprecationWarning: The ‘warn’ method is deprecated, use ‘warning’ instead shouldn’t be part of the problem here. Could you check that the AOI/Watershed vector looks okay in a GIS viewer like ArcGIS or QGIS? The model seems to be failing when a polygon from the AOI/Watershed does not overlap any pixels from the recharge raster. But that should be okay.

It might be easier to debug this on our end also. If you’re willing to share your data, you could zip your inputs and send a link to Google Drive, dropbox, or your cloud sharing utility of choice. My email is ddenu @ stanford . edu if you’d rather not share that info via the forum.

Best,

Doug

This doesn’t directly address the issue of why the warning was being raised in the first place, but @EcoEvans this development build (linked below) should allow the model to run without that warning:

https://storage.googleapis.com/natcap-dev-build-artifacts/invest/phargogh/3.8.7.post740+ge63a494a/InVEST_phargogh3.8.7.post740+ge63a494a_x64_Setup.exe

Let us know if you have any further questions!
James

1 Like

Thanks James! @EcoEvans I think I was a little hasty in dismissing that DepracationWarning, please give the development version of InVEST James linked to a try and let us know if you still get any errors.

Cheers,

Doug

1 Like

Hi James and Doug,

Thank you both for suggesting solutions. I used the development version that James posted and that has fixed the problem of the DepracationWarning and there are now no issues according to the log!

Many thanks,
Paul

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.