SWY error: ‘warn’ method - InVest 3.10.2

Hey guys,

I am trying to run the Seasonal Water Yield model using InVEST 3.10.2 , but I get the following warning and error: DeprecationWarning: The ‘warn’ method is deprecated, use ‘warning’ instead. ERROR Something went wrong when adding task aggregate recharge (42), terminating taskgraph. (log file is attached)

There is a topic with this issue (Seasonal Water Yield error: 'warn' method - #2 by dcdenu4) but the link suggested as a solution isn’t working.

What can I do to fix this issue?

Best wishes,

InVEST-Seasonal-Water-Yield-log-2022-03-01–17_58_13.txt (33.9 KB)

Hi @BiancaLima , thanks for letting us know about this issue! I’ll make sure we fix it and get you a development build soon.

In the meantime, this error is happening because one of your input geometries in your AOI doesn’t have any geometries attached to it. Normally the model would just log a warning and continue, but there’s a bug that’s causing the warning to become an error. So if you remove the feature that doesn’t have a geometry, then the error won’t cause the model to crash.

More soon,
James

1 Like

Adding to James’ response, you can use the Fix Geometries tool in QGIS or Repair Geometry tool in ArcGIS to do this.

~ Stacie

1 Like

Thanks for the answers!
In fact, I had already fixed and double checked my geometries before running the model.
Maybe I redo the shapefile to test again.

By any means I’m grateful for the support!

Just to clarify @BiancaLima , were you able to get the model to run with fixed geometries?

Thanks!
James

Hey, sorry for the delay!

I did the new shp and the model finished successfully, but the result raster is not looking right… It’s my first time using the model, so I lack some skills

This is the QF result

Well, that doesn’t look like a reasonable output. Could you share your inputs with us so we can take a closer look and try to reproduce the issue?

Thanks,
James

Thank you!
Dados InVest.zip (2.5 MB)

Hi @BiancaLima I’m so sorry it’s taken me a little while to get to this! I tried opening your inputs and I’m getting some errors and can’t open the zip file. Could you try sending your complete set of inputs again? If it’s easier, feel free to send them to me, jdouglass@stanford.edu.

Thanks!
James

Hi!
I sent the email, warn me in case you still with problems in downloading them.

Best wishes,

Hi @BiancaLima thanks for sharing your inputs! I was able to access them and reproduce the issue.

In this case, the model’s pitfilling step has a bug where it isn’t properly handling your nodata value. When I converted your raster’s pixel values from NaN to -3.4028235e+38, the model runs through and your QF raster looks much more reasonable.

Here’s the updated DEM: converted_dem.tif (1.8 MB)

I’ll take some time to fix it for the future, but at least there’s a workaround.

Thanks for letting us know about this issue!
James

2 Likes

Hi @jdouglass , thank you so much for your time!

I was searching for the problem in my data and the error occourred in the way that I exported the raster from R.

Again, thank you! Now I’m able to continue my work.

Best wishes,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.