Workbench does not run after startup

Hi @frederick , thanks for sharing your logfile. Sorry I haven’t been able to respond earlier.

From the log, it appears that most of the time the Workbench does not startup correctly, but that maybe it has started correctly once or twice?

One of the startup operations is taking much longer than expected and it ultimately times out. I’m not sure what is causing that. We might try changing a few things and sending you a new version to try, though that might take a few more days.

In the meantime, if you feel like trying something, you could do the following:

1. Make sure the Workbench is closed
  2. Open the “Command Prompt” program on Windows
  3. Copy/Paste this command and press enter:
"C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Programs\InVEST 3.14.1 Workbench\resources\invest\invest.exe" serve --port 56789
  1. Wait for a message like this to appear in the command prompt (I’m curious how long this takes if you try it):
 * Serving Flask app 'natcap.invest.ui_server'
 * Debug mode: off
WARNING: This is a development server. Do not use it in a production deployment. Use a production WSGI server instead.
 * Running on http://127.0.0.1:56789
Press CTRL+C to quit
  1. Open the Workbench, try running a model
  2. When you are done and after you have closed the Workbench, you will need to go back to that Command Prompt window and press CTRL+C to exit that invest server program. Or you can leave it running.

Thanks again for reporting this problem. It is certainly something we would like to resolve.