Carbon Sequestration

Dear all,
I am Mary, I am kindly looking for assistance on the use of this model.
I have input my adf land use maps and the carbon csv file as required. However my model is taking very long to give me result. What could be the problem and or how can I resolve this?

Hi @Marykageni -

Welcome to the forum!

When you’re having trouble running a model, please post the entire log file (.txt) that the model creates in your Workspace folder. It might have more information that will help us troubleshoot.

Thanks!

~ Stacie

Hello Swolny,
Kindly find the log file. Am wondering where it is is taking too long to process.

InVEST-InVEST-Carbon-Model-log-2021-08-07–17_19_17.txt (1.1 MB)

Hi @Marykageni -

It’s very strange that the Carbon model would take so long, it’s usually very quick. How large are your input rasters? What are their resolution? And are the input files located on a local hard drive, or in the cloud? These are the first things that I can think of that might cause the model to take a long time.

The other thing I’m not sure of is the raster format for “1990fyn.adf”. Usually, if you’re using ESRI GRIDs, there’s a file structure that includes several .adf files, but they usually have standard names like “hdr.adf”. Are your raster inputs ESRI GRID? If so, can you try entering the “hdr.adf” file as input to the model? Or, export them as TIFFs and try those. If the model isn’t complaining about the file type, perhaps it’s not a problem, but it looks curious to me.

~ Stacie