Crop Production _ Directory to model data

Hello, I’m trying to run the Crop Production model using InVEST 3.8.0. Since it needs the base Monfreda Dataset I’m trying to download it from http://data.naturalcapitalproject.org/invest-data/

However, it seems to me that this dataset is not available. Could you please indicate another link?

Thank you in advance,
Marco

I would also need the sccepted crop names for both the percentile and regression models, since these links don’t work for me

CropProduction\model_data\crop_nutrient.csv

CropProduction\model_data\crop_fertilization_rates.csv

Again, thank you!

Hi @marco.guzzetti, if you use the InVEST installer on Windows, the Monfreda dataset and all associated tables will be stored in sample_data\CropProduction within the InVEST installation directory. Definitely the easiest way to get the Monfreda dataset is to simply install the Crop Production sample data in this way.

If you do need to download the sample data by hand, it can be downloaded from here: https://www.googleapis.com/download/storage/v1/b/releases.naturalcapitalproject.org/o/invest%2F3.8.0%2Fdata%2FCropProduction.zip?generation=1581511451615292&alt=media

The user’s guide has been updated to reflect these updated paths.

Hope this helps!
James

Thank you @jdouglass, I didn’t download the samples when I installed InVEST.

I appreciate your help!

Marco

Hey what’s up?
Just wonder if it’s possible to use the crop Production sample data (3.7.0) for other versions of invest interchangeably?
Do you think using identical input data in different versions of invest crop production percentile model (e.g. 3.6.0, 3.7.0 or 3.8.0) would lead to different output values?

Tnx

Hi @Behzad_AK,
As far as I know, the crop production model data (the global crop yield maps, percentile tables, etc.) have not changed. However, we have fixed some bugs in the model (see the changelog for details), so I expect you would get different (incorrect) values running an older version of InVEST. We always suggest you use the latest version of InVEST, and there’s no reason not to use the latest version of the sample data as well, just to be safe. You can download it here: GCS Bucket Listing

1 Like