Forest Carbon Edge Effect - striping in raster outputs

Hello, I used the Forest Carbon Edge Effect module and keep getting result like the one I attached. Can you explain me what the stripes mean or where they come from? I have tried different Parameters for the Input but it doesn’t seem to go away.

here the Output:

I hope you can help me! :slight_smile:
Kind regards,
Alex

The Input Looks very different:

and here the stripes I talked about:

Thanks for posting the screenshots. Would you mind also uploading a logfile from the model’s workspace, so we can see all the input parameters and the version of the model you are using?

InVEST-Forest-Carbon-Edge-Effect-Model-log-2019-07-17–10_28_45.txt (176.5 KB)

@rich I wonder if this striping effect could be related to the distance-transform issue that you worked on for Joanna? Looking at the history, I believe that bugfix went into pygeoprocessing 1.7.0, while InVEST 3.7.0 was released with 1.6.1. What do you think?

Thank you for responding. Do you have any other ideas what I could try?

It looks like a bug of some kind. Would you mind sending me a link to your input data (google drive, dropbox, etc) and I can try to pinpoint the problem? You may put it in a private message to me if you would rather not post it here.

Thank you for offering that. I appreciate it. I sent you the data via email.

Thanks for sending your input data. I have reproduced this issue with InVEST 3.7.0. I also tested a development version of InVEST built with pygeoprocessing 1.7.0 (see my comment above) and that version yields no stripes. So I do think this was a bug in an underlying library that we have already fixed.

I’ll post a link here soon to a development version with the fix that you may install. Otherwise the fix will be in the next official release of InVEST.

Thank you for your asistance!
I‘d love the link to the development Version.

InVEST development build for Windows:

https://www.googleapis.com/download/storage/v1/b/releases.naturalcapitalproject.org/o/invest%2F3.7.0.post115%2Bh78f7867f5d27%2FInVEST_3.7.0.post115%2Bh78f7867f5d27_x86_Setup.exe?generation=1564446166605071&alt=media

Thanks for letting us know about this issue!