InVEST 3.9.0 Released Today

Hello NatCap Forums! Today we are excited to announce the InVEST 3.9.0 release!

It’s been awhile since the 3.8.9 bugfix release so we have a lot of good stuff to cover and we strongly recommend you update :slight_smile:

• Coastal Blue Carbon has been re-written and not only includes a lot of fixes but is in a much better place for us to maintain and support it. Check out the updated User Guide for CBC here. Thanks for the help @kwarnell!

• Habitat Quality has been refactored and includes what we think is a much better way of specifying threat raster inputs! It also uses TaskGraph to avoid re-computation. See the updated Users Guide for HQ here.

• InVEST now uses GDAL 3.1.2+

• InVEST is now a 64-bit binary built against Python 3.7!

• Added pour point detection option as an alternative to providing an outlet features
    vector for DelineateIt.

• Urban Cooling valuation types can now be run independently.

• Mac OS Updates:

• Now code-signing the MacOS distribution and using a DMG distribution format. See Installing on a Mac under the Getting Started section of the Users Guide.
    • HTML Docs and HISTORY.rst is no longer shipped with MacOS distribution but can be
      found here: Users-Guide-Latest and Changelog.
    • MacOS 11 “Big Sur” support.
  • Improved error messages for those pesky KeyErrors when a LULC value is not found in a corresponding table!

• Better hanlding of rasters with no defined nodata values.

• Fixed issues with handling Byte rasters.

• Many more bugfixes across models including Annual Water Yield, Coastal Vulnerability,
    DelineateIt, Finfish, Forest Carbon Edge Effect, GLOBIO, SDR, Seasonal Water Yield,
    Urban Flood Risk

• For a full rundown, see our changelog here: Release InVEST 3.9.0 · natcap/invest · GitHub

Download the latest version for your operating system at: InVEST | Natural Capital Project

Or python users, download the latest from natcap.invest · PyPI

Lots of these improvements come from the great conservations that happen on this forum, so we’d like to say THANK YOU. This forum community continues to grow and there’s nothing better than seeing community members interact and help one another.

The NatCap Software Team

3 Likes

hello, I downloaded the 3.9.0 version in my MacBook, and it didn’t work, just popped put a sentence “NoSuchKeyThe specified key does not exist.No such object: releases.naturalcapitalproject.org/invest/3.9.0/InVEST-3.9.0-mac.dmg”. What should I do?

Hi @Pan,

I’m going to make a new thread for this since it’s an error.

Hello

I downloaded the 3.9.0 version to my MacBook. It did not install and

I get this message

“InVEST_3.9.0.dmg” can’t be opened. You should move it to the Bin.

What should I do?

Hello

I downloaded the 3.9.0 version to my MacBook. It did not install and

I get this message

“InVEST_3.9.0.dmg” can’t be opened. You should move it to the Bin.

What should I do?

Hi @KLALA ,

Sorry for the trouble. Here are the MacOS instructions: MacOS Install

If you’re still having the issue after following these steps please let us know!

Doug

This did not work. Got the same message

@KLALA ,

Shoot. What MacOS are you running? Thanks.

Doug

MacOS Catalina version 10.15.7

Thanks @KLALA ,

We’re also experiencing your issue and are working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience. More soon!

Doug

@KLALA ,

We should have the issued fixed. Could you try re-downloading the MacOS version from the website and going through the installation steps?

Doug

This is the message I get

“InVEST_3.9.0.dmg” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.

tried again

This is the message I get

“InVEST_3.9.0.dmg” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.

Krishna

Hi @KLALA ,

This message is actually expected right now, since we’re waiting on a code signing certificate. So look forward to this being properly fixed in a future release.

For the time being, could you try right-clicking on the .dmg and clicking “Open”? The dialog should change and allow you to continue with opening the image.

Let us know how this goes!
James

1 Like

Hi. I just started the Natural Capital class and am trying to download the InVEST software. I am having the same issues noted in this thread. I am running Big Sur 11.2.2. Any help is appreciated.

Hi @Brian ,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. Did you try the above process as James mentioned?

For the time being, could you try right-clicking on the .dmg and clicking “Open”? The dialog should change and allow you to continue with opening the image.

If that didn’t work for you could you provide more detailed feedback of what is failing and what you’ve tried so far?

Cheers

Thanks. It is working now!

2 Likes