Urban Cooling Model - Runtime Error

Hi,

for a project at University of Salzburg I tried to run the Urban Cooling Model several times, however I continue to receive the following error:
RuntimeError encountered: In Task: align rasters (0) Missing expected target path results. Expected [path]/lulc_test8.tif, [path]/ref_eto_test8.tif Observed [path]/lulc_test8.tif

Please also see the screenshot attached.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance & all the best from Austria
David

@davEl , thanks for posting. Would you please post your logfile so that we can see all the relevant details we need?

Thank you,

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply!
Please find attached the logfile.

All the best
David

InVEST-Urban-Cooling-Model-log-2021-06-15–21_18_15.txt (4.0 KB)

Great, thank you. The logfile includes this error, which is probaby the source of the problem.

ERROR [errno 1] The transformation is already “north up” or a transformation between pixel/line and georeferenced coordinates cannot be computed for C:/Users/david/Desktop/PLUS/UE Stadtökosysteme Urbane Biodiversität/data/raster_modis/modisconverted2.tif. There is no affine transformation and no GCPs. Specify transformation option SRC_METHOD=NO_GEOTRANSFORM to bypass this check.

This is new to me, but I would start by investigating the coordinate system & projection of modisconverted2.tif Does anything seem strange when you view it in GIS? If you created that raster from another raster, it might be good to go back to the original, investigate it’s projection, and redo any steps you took. The LULC raster seems like a valid input, so if you see any differences between it and this problematic raster, that could be telling also.

If you can’t make any progress, feel free to share your input data and we can take a closer look.

Best,

2 Likes