InVEST 3.9.0 User's Guide

Hi all,

I got the InVEST 3.9.0, but noticed there isn’t a practical guidelines pdf document as there was in the 3.7.idk version. The latest guidelines I have are from that version. Possibly things haven’t changed significantly and the guidelines from 3.7.something are just fine. But I don’t now if that is the case.

There are some txt files under documentation → userguide → _sources, with what I think may be the guidelines documents split up, but txt files just aren’t as practical to read or go through as a pdf file (at least for me, I may be missing some useful txt software).

I guess my questions are then:

• Is it necessary to have a InVEST 3.9.0 guidelines, or is the difference with the 3.7.0 guidelines neglibile?;
  • And if the difference is not negligible, is there a way to get the 3.9.0 guidelines in a single document? Maybe I’m just overlooking a download somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @sihernan ,

Thanks for writing in with your questions.

Depending on how you are using InVEST, it’s unlikely that you need to refamiliarize yourself with basic usage guidelines from version 3.7 to 3.9. However, if you are interested in what’s changed, you can view the release notes for 3.9 on GitHub here.

While not a PDF, our comprehensive User Guide (English language version), which includes a chapter about each model, is available in HTML format here.

I hope these resources are helpful to you,
Jesse

1 Like

Thanks, Jesse, that’s right. We did stop distributing the pdf version in favor of maintaining the single html format. The latest version is always available at Jesse’s link. Or, as you noticed, it’s available offline in your local installation at documentation/userguide/ .But instead of going into _sources, open any of the html files in your web browser.

2 Likes

@dave @jesseG many thanks for quick reply and redirection!