Hello Natcap Family.
I am currently working for ecosystem-based adaptation or widely on nature-based solutions for flood risk management, especially focusing on low and middle-income economies. Most studies on NBS have been concentrated on Europe, the US, or say higher economies. On my search, I have found very fewer literature focused on developing nations, so I am writing here hoping if any of us are working on similar research and could share some literature. Any publications, published papers, annual reports, and case studies regarding Nature-based solutions for flood risk management in developing nations could help.
Hello Natcap Family.
Hi @Shikxya ,
- Here is a paper, “Nature-based solutions for flood risk reduction…” with a focus in Myanmar,
- another ecosystem service (ES) assessment from Myanmar,
- WWF report about a proposed road linking Thailand and Myanmar,
- WWF report about the Amazon region,
- ES tradeoff analysis from Vietnam,
- “Quantifying and mapping of water-related ecosystem services…” in Ethiopia,
- Land Use and Land Cover Scenarios…" for ES in Thailand,
- a case study from Chile,
- “Integrating land use and climate change scenarios and models into assessment of forested watershed services in Southern Thailand”,
- ES assessment in Costa Rica,
- ES in Kenya,
- “Simulating future land use and ecosystem services in Northern Thailand”,
- “Impacts of future climate and land use change… in Iran”,
- “Economic, land use, and ecosystem services impacts of Rwanda’s Green Growth Strategy…”,
- “Mapping water ecosystem services…” in India,
- “Land Use/Land Cover Changes and Associated Impacts on Water…” in Eritrea, Ethiopia, and Sudan,
- “Land use change drives the spatio-temporal variation of ecosystem services…” in Brazil,
- “Assessing and Modeling the Impacts of Wetland Land Cover Changes on Water…” in Iran, and
- “The effect of future land use changes on hydrologic ecosystem services: a case study from the Zala catchment, Hungary”.
I hope this helps,
Thank you @jesseG for this!! This will certainly help. I will get back in case of necessity of any other help. Thank you so much.
Here is another one, a paper I published on a Brazilian journal using InVEST Flood risk mitigation model and pondering different ecosystem based adaptation scenarios for adaptation extreme precipitation events in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It is in portuguese, but you can read through google translate and I can help if you have any doubts.