Recreation Model WinError 10061

Hi,

I am getting the ConnectionRefusedError: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Based on the other posts on the forum, it seems like the solution is usually that someone from the NatCap team reboots the server.

Any support would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Thanks for the heads-up @jonathan.pierre . The server is back online now.

Someone passed in an AOI that covered the most of the globe [-180.0, -90.0, 180.0, 83.633389] and the server predictably crashed.

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply. That must be a pretty huge analysis!

I will let you know if I run into any error as this is my first time running the model.

Jonathan

Hi, so after 2 hours of running, I got this error message:

ConnectionResetError: [WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

I was stuck most of the run at ‘‘Please wait for server to calculate PUD…’’

This could just be a problem of an unstable network connection between your computer and the server. It is worth trying it again if you haven’t already.

What is the extent of your AOI? And how many polygons does it contain? Large requests can take a long time to process and are more prone to connection problems.

Please also remember to upload your logfile here, it sometimes has useful info in it.

Thanks,

InVEST-natcap.invest.recreation.recmodel_client-log-2024-07-17–21_31_47.txt (4.7 KB)

boundingbox

Hi Dave, here is my logfile and some info about my bounding box. The coordinate system is NAD 1983 UTM Zone 18N.

Hi @jonathan.pierre , thanks for sharing this info. Your bounding box is roughly 20,000 km by 20,000 km. That’s large enough to cover one entire hemisphere of the earth. And with grid cells of 300m sides, that’s ~4.4 billion polygons in your AOI. Is that your intention? What geography did you intend to include in aireEtude.shp AOI?

An AOI of such large extent and so many polygons is not a reasonable use of our InVEST model. It is intended for use at scales on the order of hundreds of kilometers, or less.

I’ll go double check, because I am certainly not trying to cover the earth with in my analysis :sweat_smile: It may be that I got the bounding box information wrong. See the shapefile attached.

aireEtude_SM.zip (14.4 KB)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.